are intended for entertainment purposes only. We do not
advise that you ever do these things to a roommate or yourself.
1. When talking to your roommate, alternate the pitch of
2. Switch the sheets on your beds while s/he is at class.
3. Twitch a lot.
4. Pretend to talk while pretending to be asleep.
5. Buy a fish tank. Fill it with beer and dump sardines
in it. Talk to them.
6. Become a subgenius.
7. Pretend to type in the middle of the air. Complain about
how slow the computer has been recently.
8. Learn to levitate. While your roommate is looking away,
float up out of your seat. When s/he turns to look, fall
back down and grin.
9. Speak in tongues.
10. Move you roommate's personal effects around. Start
subtlely. Gradually work up to big things, and eventually
glue everything s/he owns to the ceiling.
11. Walk and talk backwards.
12. Spend all your money on Jolt Cola. Drink it all. Stack
the cans in the middle of your room. Number them.
13. Spend all your money on Transformers. Play with them
at night. If your roommate says anything, tell him/her with
a straight face, "They're more than meets the eye."
14. Recite entire movie scripts (e.g. "The Road Warrior,"
"Repo Man, "Casablanca,") almost inaudibly.
15. Carry an unplugged phone around your room pretending
to talk to people.
16. Carry old orange juice around with you everywhere you
17. Chain yourself to your roommate's bed. Get him/her
to bring you food.
18. Get a computer. Leave it on when you are not using
it. Turn it off when you are.
19. Ask your roommate if your family can move in "just
for a couple of weeks."
20. Move your mouth when you're silent and move your mouth
as little as possible when you talk.
21. Fake a heart attack. When your roommate gets the paramedics
to come, pretend nothing happened.
22. Eat only lemons. Every five minutes, offer your roommate
23. Whenever your roommate turns your way, begin frowning.
24. Smile. All the time.
25. Cover up your mouht before talking to anyone.
26. Write your roommate's name in big print on hundreds
of pages of paper. Leave pages all over the room. If he
asks about it, say you didn't write it.
27. Hide a bunch of potato chips in the bottom of a trash
can. When you get hungry, root around in the trash. Find
the food, and eat it. If your roommate empties the trash
before you get hungry, demand that s/he reimburse you.
28. Leave a declaration of war on your roommate's desk.
Include a list of grievances.
29. Apoligze to your roommate. If he asks why, tell him
that he should know better than you.
30. Shoot rubber bands at your roommate while his/her back
is turned, and then look away quickly.
31. Dye all your underwear lime green.
32. Spill a lot of beer on his/her bed. Swim.
33. Buy three loaves of stale bread. Grow mold in the closet.
34. Hide your underwear and socks in your roommate's closet.
Accuse him/her of stealing it.
35. Remove your door. Ship it to your roommate's parents
36. Leave a marble in your roommate's bed every day.
37. Whenever your roommate walks in, wait one minute and
then stand up. Announce that you are going to take a shower.
Do so. Keep this up for three weeks.
38. Array thirteen toothbrushes of different colors on
your dresser. Refuse to discuss them.
39. Paint your half of the room black.
40. Whenever he/she is about to fall asleep, ask questions
that start with "Didja ever wonder why...." Be
41. Shave one eyebrow.
42. Put your mattress underneath your bed. Sleep down under
there and pile your dirty clothes on the empty bedframe.
If your roommate comments, mutter "Gotta save space,"
twenty times while twitching violently.
43. Put horse radish in your roommate's shoes.
44. Shelve all your books with the spines facing the wall.
Complain loudly that you can never find the book that you
45. Always flush the toilet three times.
46. While you're roommate is there and you are not, secretly
order a pizza up to him using his name.
47. Buy a copy of Frankie Yankovic's "Pennsylvania
Polka," and play it at least 6 hours a day. If your
roommate complains, explain that it's an assignment for
your primitive cultures class.
48. Give him/her an allowance.
49. Listen to radio static.
50. Open your window shades before you go to sleep each
night. Close them as soon as you wake up.
51. Cry a lot.
52. Send secret admirer notes on your roommate's Email.
53. Talk to yourself loudly in front of your roommate.
After a while, begin discussing your roommate with yourself.
54. Complain of having a terrible virus in your system
and cough at your roommate frequently.
55. Tell your roommate that it's your birthday--every day.
56. If you get in before your roomate, go to sleep in his/her
57. Take your roommate's pillow and put a water ballon
inside of it.
58. Play blackjack with yourself and scream loudly about
your losses when you bust.
59. If your roommate goes away for a weekend, change the
60. Find out your roommate's post office box code. Open
it and take his/her mail. Do this for one month. After that,
send the mail to him/her by UPS.
61. Create an imaginary cat for a pet. Talk to it every
night, act like you're holding it, keep a litter box under
your desk. After two weeks, say that your cat is missing.
Put up signs in your dorm, blame your roommate.
62. Call safety and security whenever your roommate turns
up his/her music.
63. Follow him/her around on weekends.
64. Sit on the floor and talk to the wall.
65. Whenever the phone rings, get up and answer the door.
66. Whenever someone knocks, answer the phone.
67. Whenever your roommate is walking through the room,
bump into him/her.
68. Stare at your roommate for five minutes out of every
hour. Don't say anything, just stare.
69. Tell your roommate that someone called and said that
it was really important but you can't remember who it was.
70. Let mice loose in his/her room.
71. Give each of your walls a different name. Whenever
you can't answer a problem, ask each of your walls. Write
down their responses, then ask your ceiling for the final
answer. Complain to your roommate that you don't trust your
72. Take your roommate's papers and hand them in as your
73. Skip to the bathroom.
74. Take all of your roommate's furniture and build a fort.
Guard the fort for an entire weekend.
75. Gather up a garbage bag full of leaves and throw them
in a pile in his/her room. Jump in them. Comment about the
76. When you walk into your room, turn off your lights.
Turn them on when you leave.
77. Whenever you're on the phone and he/she walks in, hang
up immediately without saying anything and crawl under your
desk. Sit there for two minutes than call whoever it was
78. Insist on writing the entire lyrics to American Pie
on your ceiling above your bed. Sing them every night before
you go to bed.
79. Burn incense.
80. Eat moths.
81. Collect Chia-Pets.
82. Refuse to communicate in anything but sign language.
83. Eat a bag of marshmellows before you go to bed. The
next day, spray three bottles of whip cream all over your
floor. Say you got sick.
84. Wipe deoderant all over your roommate's walls.
85. Leave apple cores on his/her bed.
86. Don't ever flush the toilet.
87. Hang stuffed animals with nooses from your ceiling.
Whenever you walk by them mutter, "You shouldn't have
done that to me."
88. Insist that you are a vegetarian and protest anytime
your roommate eats meat. Then leave "Slim Jim"
wrappers on the floor and lie on the bed holding your stomach
everytime your roommate walks in. If he/she asks about the
wrappers, say you know nothing about them.
89. Every time your roommate walks in yell, "Hooray!
You're back!" as loud as you can and dance around the
room for five minutes. Afterwards, keep looking at your
watch and saying, "Shouldn't you be going somewhere?"
90. Trash the room when your roommate's not around. Then
leave and wait for your roommate to come back. When he/she
does, walk in and act surprised. Say, "Uh-oh, it looks
like, they, were here again."
91. Put your glasses on before you go to bed. Take them
off as soon as you wake up. If your roommate asks, explain
that they are Magic Dream Glasses. Complain that you've
been having terrible nightmares.
92. "Drink" a raw egg for breakfast every morning.
Explain that you are in training. Eat a dozen donuts every
93. Every Thursday, pack up everything you own and tell
your roommate you're going home. Come back in an hour and
explain that no one was home. Unpack everything and go to
94. Every time you wake up, start yelling, "Where
am I?!" and run around the room for a few minutes.
Then go back to bed. If your roommate asks, say you don't
know what he/she is talking about.
95. Draw a tiny, black spot on your arm. Make it bigger
every day. Look at it and say, "It's spreading, it's
96. Buy a McDonald's "Happy Meal" for lunch every
day. Eat the straw and the napkin. Throw everything else
97. Buy a plant. Sleep with it at night. Talk to it. After
a few weeks, start to argue with it loudly. Then yell, "I
can't live in the same room with you," storm out of
the room and slam the door. Get rid of the plant, but keep
the pot. Refuse to discuss the plant ever again.
98. Buy a Jack-In-The-Box. Every day, turn the handle until
the clown pops out. Scream continuously for twenty minutes.
99. Hang up pictures of chickens all over the room. If
your roommate eats eggs, yell at him/her and call him/her
100. Buy some knives. Sharpen them every night. While you're
doing so, look at your roommate and mutter, "Soon,
101. Bring in potential "new" roommates from
around campus. Give them tours of the room and the building.
Have them ask about your roommate in front of him/her, and
reply, "Oh, him/her? He/she won't be here much longer."
102. Pile dirty dishes in your roommate's bed. Insist that
you don't know how they got there.
103. Collect hundreds of pens and pile them on one side
of the room. Keep one pencil on the other side of the room.
Laugh at the pencil.
104. Feign a serious illness for two weeks. Have a priest
come to your room and visit you. Write out a will, leaving
everything to your roommate. One day, miraculously "recover."
Insist that your roommate write out a will, leaving everything
to you. Every time he/she coughs, excitedly say, "Oooh,
are you dying?"
105. Live in the hallway for a month. Afterwards, bring
all of your stuff back into the room and tell your roommate,
"Okay, your turn."
106. Keep a tarantula in a jar for three days. Then hide
the tarantula. If your roommate asks, say, "Oh, he's
around here, somewhere."
107. Tell your roommate, "I've got an important message
for you." Then pretend to faint. When you recover,
say you can't remember what the message was. Later on, say,
"Oh, yeah, I remember!" Pretend to faint again.
Keep this up for several weeks.
108. Bowl inside the room. Set up tournaments with other
people in the building. Award someone a trophy. If your
roommate wants to bowl too, explain that he/she needs bowling
109. While your roommate is out, glue your shoes to the
ceiling. When your roommate walks in, sit on the floor,
hold your head, and moan.
110. Make a sandwich. Don't eat it, leave it on the floor.
Ignore the sandwich. Wait until your roommate gets rid of
it, and then say, "Hey, where is my sandwich!?"
Complain loudly that you are hungry.
111. Punch a hole in the T.V. Sit and watch it anyway,
complaining about the poor picture quality.
112. Collect potatoes. Paint faces on them and give them
names. Name one after your roommate. Separate your roommate's
potato from the others. Wait a few days, and then bake your
roommate's potato and eat it. Explain to your roommate,
"He just didn't belong."
113. Fill an empty shaving cream can with whipped cream.
Use it to shave, and then spray some into your mouth. Later
on, complain that you feel sick. Continue this process for
114. Cover your bed with a tent. Live inside it for a week.
If your roommate asks, explain that "It's a jungle
out there." Get your roommate to bring you food and
115. Keep a vacuum cleaner in the middle of the room. Look
at it with fear for a few days. Then stay out of the room
entirely, opening the door only a crack and whispering to
your roommate, "Psst! Is it gone?"
116. Break the window with a rock. If your roommate protests,
explain that you were hot. Open and close the broken window
as you normally would.
117. Throw darts at a bare wall. All of a sudden, act excited,
telling your roommate that you hit the bullseye.
118. Call your roommate "Clyde" by accident.
Start doing so every so often. Increase the frequency over
the next few weeks, until you are calling him "Clyde"
all the time. If your roommate protests, say, "I'm
sorry. I won't do that anymore, Murray."
119. Hire a night watchman to guard the room while you
120. Move everything to one side of the room. Ask your
roommate if he knows how much an elephant weighs, and look
at the floor on the empty side of the room with concern.
121. Practice needlepoint every night. At one point, grab
your thumb and scream, "Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!"
Cry hysterically for a few minutes, and then go to bed.
Sob and sniff all night.
122. When your roommate comes in, pretend that you are
on the phone, screaming angrily and shouting obscenities.
After you hang up, say, "That was your mom. She said
she'd call back."
123. Every time your roommate comes in, immediately turn
off the lights and go to bed. When he/she leaves, get up
and loudly yell, "Okay, guys, you can come out now."
124. Start wearing a crown, all the time. If your roommate
tells you to take it off, say, "What do you think you
are? A king?"
125. Sit in front of a chess board for hours, saying nothing,
doing nothing. Then, look up and say, "I think this
game goes a lot faster with two players."
126. Talk back to your "Rice Krispies." All of
a sudden, act offended, throw the bowl on the floor and
kick it. Refuse to clean it up, explaining, "No, I
want to watch them suffer."
127. Change the locks on the door. Don't let your roommate
in unless he/she says the secret word. Change the secret
word often. If your roommate can't guess the secret word,
make him/her pay a tithe.
128. Scatter stuffed animals around the room. Put party
hats on them. Play loud music. When your roommate walks
in, turn off the music, take off the party hats, put away
the stuffed animals, and say, "Well, it was fun while
129. Hang a tire swing from the ceiling. Act like a monkey.
If someone besides your roommate comes in, cease acting
like a monkey and claim that the tire swing was your roommate's
idea. When you and your roommate are alone again, continue
acting like a monkey.
130. Challenge your roommate to a duel. If he/she refuses,
claim that you have won by forfeit and therefore conquered
his/her side of the room. Insist that he/she remove all
of his/her possessions immediately.
131. Sign your roommate up for various activities (Campus
tour guide, blood donor, peer tutoring).
132. Start dressing like an Indian. If your roommate inquires,
claim that you are getting in touch with your Native-American
roots. If your roommate accuses you of not having any Native-
American roots, claim that he/she has offended your people
and put a curse on your roommate.
133. Wear your shoes on the wrong feet, all the time. Constantly
complain that your feet hurt.
134. Instead of turning off the light switch, smash the
light bulb with a hammer. Put a new bulb in the next day.
Complain often about the cost of light bulbs.
135. Videotape yourself hammering a nail into a wall for
a while, and then stopping. Play the tape in your room.
Right before the hammering stops on the videotape, look
at the screen and say, "Don't do that."
136. Buy a lamp. Tell your roommate it's a magic lamp,
with a genie inside it. Spend a week thinking about what
to wish for. At the end of the week, report that someone
has released the genie from the lamp. Blame your roommate.
137. Whenever your roommate brushes his/her teeth, watch
him/her do so. Take notes. Write a paper on it, and circulate
it around campus. If your roommate protests, say, "The
people have a right to know!"
138. Collect potato chips that you think look like famous
people. Find one that looks like your roommate. Burn it,
and explain, "It had to be done."
139. When you walk into the room, look at your roommate
in disgust and yell, "Oh, you're here!" Walk away
yelling and complaining.
140. Put up flyers around the building, reporting that
your roommate is missing. Offer a reward for his/her safe
141. Buy a watermelon. Draw a face on it and give it a
name. Ask your roommate if the watermelon can sleep in his/her
bed. If your roommate says no, drop the watermelon out the
window. Make it look like a suicide. Say nasty things about
your roommate at the funeral.
142. Draw a chalk outline on the floor. When your roommate
comes in, say, "Don't worry. It's not what you think."
If he/she asks about it again, immediately change the subject.
143. Drink a cup of coffee every morning. When you finish
it, gnaw on the mug for about ten minutes. Then, look at
your roommate, immediately put the mug away, and quickly
leave the room.
144. Paint a tunnel on the wall like they do in cartoons.
Every day, hit your head as you attempt to crawl through
it. Hold your head and grumble, "Stupid road runner...."
145. Leave memos on your roommate's bed that say things
like, "I know what you did," and "Don't think
you can fool me."
146. Hold a raffle, offering your roommate as first prize.
If he/she protests, tell him/her that it's all for charity.
147. Make cue cards for your roommate. Get them out whenever
you'd like to have a conversation.
148. Talk like a pirate, all the time. Threaten to make
your roommate walk the plank if he/she doesn't swab the
149. Set up about twenty plants in an organized formation.
When your roommate walks in, pretend to be in the middle
of delivering a speech to the plants. Whisper to them, "We'll
continue this later," while eyeing your roommate suspiciously.
150. Buy a telescope. Sit on your bed and look across the
room at your roommate through the telescope. When you're
not using the telescope, act like your roommate is too far
away for you to see.
151. Watch "Psycho" every day for a month. Then
act excited every time your roommate goes to take a shower.
152. Wear a paper hat. Every time your roommate walks in,
say, "Welcome to McDonalds, can I take your...Oh, it's
just you." Take off the hat, sit, and pout.
153. Go through your roommate's textbooks with a red pen,
changing things and making random corrections. If your roommate
protests, tell him/her that you just couldn't take it anymore.
154. Leave the room at random, knock on the door, and wait
for your roommate to let you back in. If he/she asks about
it, go on a tangent about the importance of good manners.
155. Hang a horseshoe above the door. Make up stories about
having had good luck. Then, take the horseshoe down and
wrap your head in bandages. When you see your roommate,
look above the door where the horseshoe used to be, hold
your head, and mutter, "Stupid horseshoe...."
156. Carve a jack-o-lantern. Complain to your roommate
that the jack-o-lantern has been staring at you. The next
day, tell your roommate that the jack-o-lantern thinks he/she
has been staring at it. Confide in your roommate that you
really don't like the jack-o-lantern, but you can't convince
it to move out.
157. As soon as your roommate turns the light off at night,
begin singing famous operas as loud as you can. When your
roommate turns on the light, look around and pretend to
158. Hang a basketball net on the wall. Challenge your
refrigerator to basketball games, and play them in front
of your roommate. Do so for about a month. Confide in your
roommate that you think the refrigerator has been taking
159. Drink lots of lemonade. Talk obnoxiously for hours
about how much you love lemonade. Then, one day, paint your
face yellow. From then on, complain about how much you hate
160. Late at night, start conversations that begin with,
"Remember the good old days, when we used to..."
and make up stories involving you and your roommate.
161. Whenever your roommate sneezes, go and hide in the
closet for about an hour. Look around nervously for the
rest of the day.
162. Sit and stare at your roommate for hours. Bring others
in to join you. Eat peanuts, throwing a few at your roommate.
Then say, "Boy, these zoos just aren't what they used
163. Tell your roommate that your toe hurts, and that means
there's going to be an earthquake soon. While your roommate
is out, trash everything on his/her side of the room. When
he/she returns, explain that the earthquake hit, but only
on one side of the room.
164. Buy a lobster. Pretend to play cards with it. Complain
to your roommate that the lobster is making up his own rules.
165. Make pancakes every morning, but don't eat them. Draw
faces on them, and toss them in the closet. Watch them for
several hours each day. Complain to your roommate that your
"pancake farm" isn't evolving into a self-sufficient
community. Confide in your roommate that you think the king
of the pancakes has been taking bribes.
166. Create an army of animal crackers. Put them through
basic training. Set up little checkpoints around the room.
Tell your roommate that the camel spotted him/her in a restricted
area and said not to do it again. Ask your roommate to apologize
to the camel.
167. Put out a plate of cookies at night. Tell your roommate
that they're for the Sandman. Take a bite out of one of
the cookies while your roommate is asleep. The next morning,
accuse your roommate of having bitten one of the cookies.
If he/she tries to tell you the Sandman did it, insist that
you know what the Sandman's teeth marks look like and that
those are, in fact, not the Sandman's teeth marks. Grumble
angrily and storm out of the room.
168. Steal a tire from a fraternity lawn. Bring it to your
room. Bathe it. Name it. Sleep in it.
169. Leave your room and lock the door. Proceed to bang
on the door, screaming, "Let me in." Get mad at
your roommate for locking you out.
170. Talk on the phone a lot. Don't pick up the receiver.
171. Talk to your roommate but don't let any sound come
out. Get mad at him/her for not listening to you.
172. Ask your roommate if Bob, your invisible friend, can
stay the night.
173. Ask your roommate if s/he can turn down the music.
Explain that Bob has a headache.
174. Constantly slip and fall--on your carpet.
175. Invite the Dean to sleepover.
176. Invite the school President to sleepover.
177. Invite your roommate to sleepover.
178. Let your alarm clock go off and refuse to turn it
off. If your roommate commets, pretend not to hear anything.
179. Walk into walls.
180. Every time you take a shower, yell audibly, "I'm
melting, I'm melting!"
181. When your roommate has friends over, get under your
covers and stare at them through a little hole in the covers.
Use a telescope.
182. When you leave the room, put on a screensaver that
says, "I'm watching you."
183. Move very stiffly and grin. Tell your roommate that
you've turned into Gumby.
184. Study computer science and listen to techno while
talking about robots taking over the world.
185. Sleep with a banana (or lemon) and refuse to throw
it out even after it rots.
186. Wear a silly hat.
187. Leave lots of pills in your drawer, and walk around
like a zombie.
188. Move your bed around the room once a day, and leave
it in a new position every night.
189. Lock your door every time you go through it. Tell
him/her that youÕre afraid of aliens.
190. Eat raw pasta for dinner.
191. Put bricks in the middle of the room, and explain
to him/her that you intend to make a fireplace to save electricity.
192. Write letters to yourself from famous people. Mail
them to yourself.
193. Arrange your pillows and blankets every night to make
it look like you are asleep. Do this for three weeks. Buy
a cantalope and a knife. Stick the knife in the cantalope.
Lay it on the pillow where your head should be.
194. Spend hours in your room on personal hygiene. Spend
at least an hour a day clipping your nails, another hour
combing your hair, yet another hour washing your face and
195. Talk on the phone in gibberish. Use a high-pitched,
196. Leave strange outgoing messages on your answering
machine. Be creative.
197. When your roommate is about to come home, hide in
the closet. Five minutes after he gets home, walk out. If
he comments, act as if you don't know what he's talking
198. Take up cooking. Cook exotic foods from scratch without
using any cookbooks or recipes.
199. Come home at three in the morning wearing shredded
jeans and no shirt. Dive into the room and under your bed.
Tell your roommate that you were being held captive by ten
foot soldiers in full battle array.