Test Instructions: Write each of your answers down, it makes
a difference! You will be allowed 10 minutes to complete
the test. Write your answers in the spaces provided. Are
you ready ? What is the time?
1) Some months have 30 days,some months have 31 days. How
many months have 28 days? ____________________
2) If a doctor gives you 3 pills and tells you to take
one pill every half hour, how long would it be before all
the pills had been taken? ____________________
3) I went to bed at eight o'clock in the evening and wound
up my clock and set the alarm to sound at nine o'clock in
the morning. How many hours sleep would I get before being
awoken by the alarm? ____________________
4) Divide 30 by half and add ten. What do you get?____________________
5) A farmer had 17 sheep. All but 9 died. How many live
sheep were left? ___________________
6) If you had only one match and entered a COLD and DARK
room, where there was an oil heater, an oil lamp and a candle,
which would you light first? ____________________
7) A man builds a house with four sides of rectangular
construction, each side having a southern exposure. A big
bear comes along. What color is the bear? ____________________
8) Take 2 apples from 3 apples. What do you have? ___________________
9) How many animals of each species did Moses take with
him in the Ark? ____________________
10) If you drove a bus with 43 people on board from Chicago
and stopped at Pittsburg to pick up 7 more people and drop
off 5 passengers and at Cleveland to drop off 8 passengers
and pick up 4 more and eventually arrive at Philadelphia
20 hours later, what's the name of the driver? ____________________
Answers in the following article - no cheating now! GOOD
1) All of them. Every month has at least 28 days.
2) 1 hour. If you take a pill at 1 o'clock,then another
at 1.30 and the last at 2 o'clock,they will be taken in
3) 1 hour. It is a wind up alarm clock which cannot discriminate
between a.m. and p.m.
4) 70. Dividing by half is the same as multiplying by 2.
5) 9 live sheep.
6) The match.
7) White. If all walls face south, the house must be on
the North Pole.
8) 2 apples. I HAVE 3 APPLES, YOU TAKE 2, WHAT DO YOU HAVE?
9) None. It was Noah, not Moses.
10) YOU are the driver.
Grading Scale (out of 10)
6 High school pupil
5 Primary school pupil
3 College lecturer
2 University lecturer
1 Member of Congress