REASONS TO BE AN ECONOMIST
- It's a great way to pick up girls, because they'll think
you HAVE money.
- It's as interesting or more so than being a political
- It's a hell of a lot more fun than the "Where's
Waldo" club. You get to find the missing money in
the deficit budget picture!!!
- Good pay for sitting around in dressy clothes and discuss
what other people should do about problems we all face.
- Business people will respect you and thus give you
great deals on all the best drugs.
- It's the best way to stay out of politics. If you know
what you're doing, then you're totally unqualified for
- The feeling of superiority. Nothing beats talking down
to a bunch of people who haven't got a clue and are willing
to go along with whatever you say because they assume
you know what you're talking about.
- It's a good way to assure dinner reservations.
- Early retirement. Hell, the career and the retirement
will all seem the same.
- You sweat a lot less than accountants do.
- You can tell the girls: Trust me, I am an economist.
- You can claim a *reason* for using a portable computer
on the bus.
- Nobody will ever ask you for a few dollars over the
- You can read the financial pages while drinking daiquiris
in the bar.
- The ability to coldly stare muscled bullies into the
eyes and snarl: - According to Smith's theorem, you are
- You can tell people exactly what the right thing to
buy is -- and afterwards, you can tell them exactly why
it didn't work.
- You can get a job at any McDonald's.
- Wearing pin-striped suits in public.
- Getting to join the 'Wall Street' fan club.
- Never be expected to actually *create* anything.